2017 Activities in the regions
In the Pretoria-region, the following activities will take place:
- 17 May: Celebration at the Voortrekker Monument. Older persons are invited to attend this event on the Amfi-roof of the Monument from 09:00 to 13:00. The cost is R25 per person and includes folk dancing, music, light snacks and entrance into the Monument for a guided tour. To book call Anneke Liebenberg on 072 349 8395 before 10 May.
- 19 and 20 May: Brooklyn Mall supports the campaign. Free screening tests are available from Dischem. Older and other interested persons are invited to visit the stalls.
- 2 and 3 June: Dischem in Centurion Mall conducts wellness days for older persons. Visit Dischem between 09:00 and 15:00 on these days for free blood pressure, blood glucose (blood sugar) and cholesterol screening tests. Come and discover what other services and products are available especially for older persons. For enquiries about Dischem Centurion Mall, contact Sister Laetitia Barnard on 012-663 9363
In the Limpopo region, the following activities will take place:
- 15 May: Celebration at the Potgietersrus Dienssentrum vir Bejaardes in Mokopane. For more information, call Piet van Waveren on 083 263 3326.
- 16 May: Bolivia Lodge, Polokwane entertains older persons at 10 am. For more information, call Piet van Waveren on 083 263 3326.
In Delmas, turquoise fabric will be displayed in the streets around the old age home. Members of the public can call Elmien Botha on 084 840 0687 or contact the old age home if they are willing to assist.