Amazing Go Turquoise Race
The first Amazing Go Turquoise Race takes place on Saturday 28 May at 09:30 as part of the Go Turquoise for the Elderly awareness campaign running from 15 May to 15 June every year.
The purpose of the race is to get young people involved in the campaign by challenging them to participate.
Teams consist of two participants and an optional camera man or women who they can invite along. Specific pit stops in the Menlyn/Brooklyn/Hatfield area of Pretoria have been identified. At these pit stops officials of Go Turquoise will be ready to adjudicate the activities and deliver instructions for the next task and to the next pit stop. Prizes will be given during a picnic at the final destination.
Only 15 teams can be accommodated. The health and fitness of participants must be such that they can participate in the race without danger of causing themselves harm. Participants must have and use their own vehicle, and the driver must have a valid driver’s licence. Preferably participants should be between the ages of 20 and 40.
To enrol in this fun event, please forward your name and contact details to Elise on 072 441 9372 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes
- The distance of the total route is about 25 km
- You will be required to sign an indemnity form before the race.
The start is at 09:30 sharp at 100 Dely Road, Waterkloof Park, Pretoria. Participants are invited to bring family and friends along for a breakfast taking place from 08:00 to 09:00 at the Netherdutch Reformed Church on the same premises as the start. Breakfast (at R60 for adults and R30 for children) must be booked beforehand at tel 012 460 8441.
What to bring along
Please bring along one item of winter clothing or a blanket that can be donated to a needy older person. This is your only entry fee.
Bring a picnic basket with lunch along for yourselves and your camera man or woman to enjoy after the race. At the final destination, participants can let his or her spouse and children know where they are and they are then also welcome to join in the picnic with their own picnic baskets.
To qualify for prizes
- Be the fist team to arrive at the finish
- Be the team with the best team spirit
- Be the most creative team
To qualify for prizes
- Both members of a team must participate in all the tasks
- The camera man or woman may only take videos or pictures and may not participate in the tasks
- Traffic rules must be obeyed at all times. Drive according to the speed limits. Put your safety and the safety of others first.
- Phone Elise on 072 441 9372 or Magda at 082 579 6966 if you experience any problems during the race.