Plascon says that turquoise combines blue’s heart-rate-reducing benefits with green’s relaxing virtues. It provides a fresh and uplifting atmosphere without causing distraction or over stimulation. Therefore, it’s just the right colour to create awareness about the elderly.
Quotes on turquoise
- urquoise is the color of communication, self-awareness and initiative.
- Turquoise has more to do with feeling and creative expression than with rational thought.
- The color of turquoise will make you feel happy and relaxed, for it combines the light blue of the sky with the invigorating green of the seas.
- Shades of cyan, aquamarine, and turquoise are livelier than our peaceful true blues, but just as soothing. These blues relax and refresh the body and mind.
- Some even say that turquoise has an anti-inflammatory influence on our lives when we have an infection or fever!
On the one hand this campaign it about the elderly and turquoise keywords such as calmness, peaceful, brotherhood, meditation, love, healing, etc are most important. On the other hand, though, we need people with a lot of creativity, innovation, imagination, originality, etc to make a success of this campaign. Luckily both these sets of keyword are among the list of keywords associated with the colour turquoise. Here is the list:
Cool, refreshing, imaginative, motivated, dynamic, renewal, calmness, peaceful, truthfulness, joyful, relaxed, healing, tranquility, forgiveness, patience, creativity, sleep, dream work, inventions, innovation, originality, renewal, brotherhood, peace, humanism, emotion, prosperity, growth, purity, awareness, meditation, love, healing, generosity, communication, intuition, individual responsibility, self reliance and independence.
One of the most important keywords are “communication”. If we can improve meaningful communication between the elderly and other members of the community, we have already achieved something.
Other colours associated with the elderly
White: Halt abuse of (elderly) women
Blue: Stop bullying (of the elderly)
Indigo: Stop harassment of targeted individuals
Light blue: Prostate cancer awareness
Purple: Stop domestic violence, World Elderly Abuse Awareness; Alzheimers; and pancreatic cancer
Pink: Breast cancer
Green: Aging research awareness; pedestrian safety; mental health